Can Baybridge Lawyers Help Me?
- Worried about trading whilst insolvent?
- Are you able to pay your debts when they fall due?
- Have you received a Directors Penalty Notice?
- Are you concerned about your responsibilities as a Director in an Insolvent Company?
- Are you considering winding up your business?
Specialising in all Business Transactions and Disputes
Over 20 Years Experience
Experts in Corporate and Commercial Law
Insolvency Law Specialist
These are queries our lawyers at Baybridge are addressing on a regular basis and our expert team are experienced in guiding you through the solutions available to minimise the consequences.
We are experts in insolvency and reconstruction. We act for liquidators, receivers, administrators, directors and creditors in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious insolvency work.
We can assist you in a range of insolvency matters, including:
- applications to set aside bankruptcy notices and statutory demands
- applications to extend convening periods
- hearings of sequestration and winding up applications
- public examinations by liquidators and trustees
- applications in respect of voluntary administrations and deeds of company arrangements
- applications to set aside unfair or insolvent transactions
- applications to the Court for directions and judicial advice
Over the past 10 years, our insolvency partner Sundip Ghedia has conducted about 2000 cases for liquidators. This experience has finely tuned his litigation skills, allowing him to figure out how to win cases as quickly and efficiently as possible in the commercial context.
We train our staff to inspect books and records, collate evidence and put together a claim designed to achieve a speedy commercial result which adds value to the winding up in that our fees are charged at a lower rate by delegating what we can.
Let us assist. Clear, Expert, Personal Help. Get in touch today!
Our Recent Insolvency Law Cases include:
- applying for court approval liquidators’ fees where there was insufficient creditors’ approval in a complex winding up
- applying for an extension of convening period for a national group of medical centres and pharmacies
- applying for an extension of convening period for a national group of supermarkets during litigation between the franchisee company and franchisor
- prosecuting claims for unfair preferences against the ATO and other creditors after reviewing hundreds of archive boxes of books and records relating to construction company totalling $4 million
- applying for orders for voiding a mortgage valued at $650,000 of a second mortgagee as an insolvent transaction
- recovery of unfair preferences relating to printing company totalling $3 million
- advising on priorities concerning PPSA issues for an online retailer
- action for possession and subsequent sale of land, factory and plant in China owned by liquidated Australian company
- Conducting insolvent trading action against a director whose related entity appointed receivers and managers pursuant to an alleged security and sought to maintain possession of books and records of the company
- Examinations of director and his wife in relation to a prominent construction company to ascertain evidence of antecedent transactions